Atlas Centaur R 76-073B Oct-1-05

From: ykchia (chiayk1@singnet.com.sg)
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 10:35:37 EDT

    Hi  folks:

       I left the video system on and go  for a quick bite  the
    neighbourhood. On my return a short streak ( very much like a slow
    meteor ) was found in
    one of the incident still jpg. Avi  playback revealed the work of a
    flaring satellite.   Obj ID  to be 76-073B - Atlas Centaru R.  Three
    maxmima were seen in the 2 second plus flaring.  What is cause of such
    maxima sequences? changing reflecting x-sectional surface areas? or
    steps in the rocket body?

       Image and full -screen ( all my wmv are encoded full-screen mode)
    1.4Mb wmv video file available.

      http://www.ykchia.com/sats_in_aug.htm  reflesh your browser to see the
    latest top image.

    p/s  some how  I have more accidental  flashing/flaring satellites  than
    the sats  i set out to hunt for.. Tips too dim for me tonigh and USA 81
    was not flaring

    rgds
    ykchia