Re: Tianwen-1 Mars orbit

From: Scott Tilley via Seesat-l <seesat-l_at_satobs.org>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 16:05:28 -0700
Hi Leo

I'm inclined based on some further pondering and research to think
TIANWEN-1 is in a sync orbit with a period 1/3 Martian sidereal rate.

Revised elset as follows:

GMAT Tianwen1.DateFormat = UTCGregorian;
GMAT Tianwen1.Epoch = '17 May 2021 00:00:00';
GMAT Tianwen1.CoordinateSystem = MarsInertial;
GMAT Tianwen1.DisplayStateType = Keplerian;
GMAT Tianwen1.SMA = 9814.489805956982;
GMAT Tianwen1.ECC = 0.6582803552910411;
GMAT Tianwen1.INC = 86.9;
GMAT Tianwen1.RAAN = 112.2333081866489;
GMAT Tianwen1.AOP = 168.9402158894392;
GMAT Tianwen1.TA = 0.0;

This would allow the spacecraft to pass over the landing sit once each sol.

Doppler being recorded now to refine estimate.

Scott Tilley