Re: Tianwen-1 Mars orbit

From: Scott Tilley via Seesat-l <seesat-l_at_satobs.org>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 10:09:31 -0700
Hi Leo

Future periapsis of Tianwen-1 will be about 8 hours apart with the first
being from when the orbit change burn occurred around 00:00 UTC on May
17th.  The actual period of the new orbit is uncertain and I suspect it
will by somehow sync'd with the Martian sidereal rate.

I'll be observing this afternoon my local time and should have enough
data to fit an orbit to it then.

You can find my observations and analysis once complete here:

https://github.com/ScottTilley/tianwen1/tree/main/landing

Regards,

Scott Tilley