Re: Iridium 38 status

From: Mike McCants (mmccants@io.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 13:56:20 EDT

    James Sebolt posted:

    >I had checked those two files, but on re-checking do not see
    >any flag on the TLE entry.

    Sorry for the confusion.

    Ed specified mccants.tle and the iridium status text file that appears
    on my web pages.

    You are refering to a third file, iridium.tle.

    I maintain all three files independently, so there was a discrepancy
    between them.

    I have now changed all three files in the following way:

    I have created a new suffix "Fl" which means "failed".
    In some sense this is similar to "tum" which means "tumbling", but
    the three failed objects with "Fl" seem to be tumbling only very
    slowly, if at all.

     25043   Iridium 38     Fl       Failed
     25344   Iridium 73     Fl       Failed
     25527   Iridium 2      Fl       Failed

    I have also changed Iridium 69 to "tum", but it does tumble only
    very slowly:

     25319   Iridium 69     tum      Failed

    Mike McCants