Re: 1st Call for Observations - It’s Time for Testing Orbit Determination with visual Observation

From: C. Bassa via Seesat-l <seesat-l_at_satobs.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 08:47:52 +0200
Hi Jorge,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 7:54 AM, Jorge Pérez via Seesat-l
<seesat-l_at_satobs.org> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your reply! Besides what Andreas has already
> answered I’d like to ask if you know of any references where we could find
> out more about SGP/SDP orbit determination models?

Besides the SGP/SDP models themselves, there are, as far as I know, no
SGP/SDP orbit determination models. Instead, what can be done is first
determining an approximate Keplerian model that describes the data,
and then using this as input to SGP/SDP models and use an optimizer to
find the best fit solution.

Regards,
    Cees