Re: NanoSail-D not seen

From: Brad Young (allenb_young@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2011 - 03:05:29 UTC

    Djlaszlo said:
    > Hi all, I also did not see NanoSail D but did see an 8th mag object on
    > appropriate track, I believe was FASTSAT.

    This agrees with my searches for FASTSAT about a week ago. I was unable to see
    it on 3 passes starting low in the east soon after twilight, until I did see it
    at about a 50 deg pass in the west. The next pass was also missed, on a 30 deg
    pass. The pass I did see was about 7th magnitude, although it appeared to be
    variable.

    http://satobs.org/seesat/Jan-2011/0104.html

    So those searching for the sail may want be aware they may see FASTSAT instead.

    Brad