Flashed by the star measuring satellite = Hipparcos

From: Kevin Fetter (kfetter@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2011 - 10:31:39 UTC

    While aiming a geo sat, I noticed a flash above it. So I aimed at that area, and another bright flash appeared.

    It turned out, Hipparcos  ( 20169 ) was the one causing the show.

    This satellite measured the position of stars many years ago.

    http://www.esa.int/esaSC/120366_index_0_m.html

    It gave a bright flash, roughly every approx 12 seconds give are take.

    ppas report and video later.

    Kevin