Re: object still near the ISS

From: Marco Langbroek via Seesat-l <seesat-l_at_satobs.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 16:04:10 +0100
Op 24-2-2020 om 15:50 schreef C. Bassa:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 3:37 PM Marco Langbroek via Seesat-l
> <seesat-l_at_satobs.org> wrote:
>> Anyone any idea what this object is? There does not appear to be an obvious
>> candidate, other than one of the recently released cubesats, which however are
>> very small.
>
> It's curious and confusing. For some reason the latest spacetrack.org
> catalogs still include Soyuz MS-13 [44437/19041A], despite having 18
> day old elements, as the mission landed on February 6. Yet, no other
> object in the spacetrack.org catalog is as close to ISS.
>
> Regards,
>     Cees

I wonder whether it is CRYOCUBE (misnamed CYROCUBE in the Space-track
catalogue), 45258U 98-067RB. That one has a 45 x 45 cm sunscreen on both sides.

Orbital elements do not currently put it this close to the ISS though. But as it
was released from ISS only a few days ago together with a bunch of other
objects, maybe orbital determination is iffy for the moment.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek  -  SatTrackCam Leiden, the Netherlands.
e-mail: sattrackcam_at_langbroek.org

Station (b)log: http://sattrackcam.blogspot.com
Twitter: _at_Marco_Langbroek
-----